About this tutorial
This tutorial has three parts. The content covers my journey of learning Prompt Engineering, summarizing some of the experiences and methods. If you are learning Prompt Engineering, I hope this tutorial can help.
An AI tutorial for everyone. Still working hard on it. Stay tuned.
From basics to advanced, from a user's perspective, this teaches you how to use ChatGPT and how to use it even better.
Through various examples, this teaches you how to use Midjourney. Even as a beginner, after reading this, you'll be able to quickly get started.
What this is not:
This is not a prompt collection. If you're expecting to find prompts to use directly, I'd recommend Googling instead. This focuses more on teaching methods and explaining why they work. This is not meant as an authoritative guide. In this field, I'm also a student.
How to read?
Thanks for opening this tutorial. When reading it, I suggest:
- Lower expectations: I'm no expert. I'm learning too, just a few steps ahead of you. There may be gaps or errors here. Also, for beginners, analogies or terms may be dumbed down a bit to aid understanding. Please be tolerant.
- Feedback is welcomed: If parts don't make sense or seem wrong, please raise an issue or use the form. Let's improve together and contribute to furthering PE.
- Learn by doing: The best way is hands-on practice. There are examples to try as you read. Even better, share prompts you write via issues/forms. I'll add good ones to the doc.
I believe the best way to learn is by doing. So try the examples in ChatGPT or Midjourney. It'll help cement the concepts.
You'll see these emojis:
- 🚧 : Contents need more work but don't affect reading. I'll improve later.
- 🆘 : I need help here, e.g. prompt examples for a scenario. Ideas welcome via issues/Discord.
- 🔴 : To prep you for advanced sections, basics may mention advanced concepts. No need to dive deep yet.
How to contribute?
If you can, please star this on Github Page or share the tutorial. Thanks!
- For typos, unclear parts, etc, feedback via github issue or our Discord.
- AI changes quickly. Outdated content can be flagged via github issue or our Discord.
- For 🆘 sections, ideas are welcome via github issue or our Discord.
I'll credit all helpers on the Thank You page! 😁
Check out my other stuff
My friends and I also built an AI app. If ChatGPT doesn't work for you, try our PoleStar Chat:
In making this tutorial, content and examples were referred from:
- Learn Prompting
- Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning
- edx ChatGPT101
- OpenAI Examples